HR Assistant / Supervisor
Are you friendly, organized, computer savvy, cool under pressure, and do you enjoy the excitement of a fast-paced environment? We want to hear from you!
Shambhala Music Festival is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join our team for the 2023 festival season! The position is full-time until fall 2023, with the possibility of an extension. Work in our office on Baker St. in beautiful Nelson, BC as well as on the festival site outside of Salmo, BC for approx. one month from late June-July. Help recruit & hire our teams leading up to the event, and Supervise our HR Volunteers on-site as they welcome our amazing Crew to the festival!
- Assist HR department with communications, sending and receiving contracts and agreements, and building and assigning schedules in software
- Process applications, interview and hire potential candidates for festival positions
- Supervise and problem-solve for HR volunteers as they complete tasks, check crew members in to the festival site and issue credentials to ensure accuracy
- Assist new crew members in filling out paperwork and identify missing or incorrect paperwork
- Answer emails and fielding general inquiries from crew
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like total number of hires by department
- Create, post and track job ads as needed
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources team in tasks as needed
- Assist with the organization and implementation of training materials for all crew
- Execute and display a welcoming, friendly demeanor at each point of contact
- Ensures compliance with all HR policies
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Above average computer skills and experience using Google Sheets, Docs & Gmail
- Ability to quickly learn new software
- Experience with festivals and events an asset
- Organization and analytical thinking skills are necessary for this role
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Previous work experience as an HR Assistant or similar role an asset
- BSc in Human Resources Management or a relevant field is an asset but not required
- Motivated individual who is driven to complete tasks and succeed
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Outgoing personality and a team player
- Courteous, competent, and persuasive. Be a clear communicator
- Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
- Comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment
- Patient in performing repetitive tasks
- Strong time management & critical thinking skills
To apply, submit your resume & cover letter.
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We thank all those who apply; however only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
HR Assistant / Supervisor
Loading application form