Calling all IT professionals!
Shambhala Music Festival is looking for a Tech Assistant to join our team for the 2023 festival season! The position is full-time until mid-late August, with the possibility of an extension at that time. Work from our office on Baker St. in beautiful Nelson, BC as well as on the festival site outside of Salmo, BC for approx. one month from late June-July.
The Tech Assistant works to support our Technical Director, keeping everything running smoothly, and making improvements to systems as needed.
- Desktop support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Supervise and train temporary Tech staff during the festival
- Cable infrastructure installation
- Organize and test tech gear
- Install, test and update computer equipment
- Provide user support for training on equipment and software
- Other duties as assigned by the Tech Director
- 2 years previous experience in tech-related field
- Computer hardware experience. Printers, laptops, routers, network switches etc.
- Software experience with all relevant computer platforms
- Experience in customer service relations is an asset
- Festival experience is an asset
- Quick problem solving ability & solution implementation
- Good listening and understanding skills
- Analytical skills and ability to see the big picture
- Good communication and teaching skills
- Independence and good time-management skills
- Proficiency with basic computer programs including MS Office and database systems with a working knowledge of email systems, computer hardware, and peripherals
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to troubleshoot and train others to do the same
To apply, submit your resume & cover letter.
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We thank all those who apply; however only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Loading application form