Do you love providing awesome customer experiences? Are you looking for a new challenge? We have just the job for you!
Shambhala Music Festival is seeking a Communications Manager to join our team! The position is full-time, year-round and will work out of our office on Baker St. in beautiful Nelson, BC as well as on the festival site outside of Salmo, BC for approx. one month from late June-July.
The Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing all areas of Customer Service, including but not limited to Social Media, Email, and On-Site during the festival.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations in the Customer Service department
- Train and Supervise a team of Customer Service support staff as well as volunteers working during the festival
- Ensure all Customer Service inquiries are responded to in a timely manner, this includes both messages & posts on all social media platforms, as well as Customer email inquiries
- Develop Customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the team to ensure they are met
- Work with Marketing to develop a cohesive communications strategy across all channels (Email, DM’s, Social Media, etc)
- Assess service statistics and prepare detailed reports on your findings
- Coordinate the Lost and Found program for the festival
- Utilize new technologies to increase the user experience
- Develop the Zendesk (or alternative) CRM, utilizing suitable functions to improve system efficiencies
- Act as the dedicated point of contact throughout the festival (24-hour service that also acts as an emergency service center)
- Experience overseeing customer relations
- Demonstrated experience managing a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of customer service practices and techniques
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Festival experience is an asset
- Exceptional ability to manage details and to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Well organized and self-motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude will be required
- Should have a strong understanding of customer service standards
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines under pressure
- High level of literacy, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Confident and outgoing personality
To apply, submit your resume & cover letter below!
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We thank all those who apply; however only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Loading application form