Crew Kitchen Cooks
Do you have a passion for food? Does fueling a festival workforce sound up your alley? We have just the job for you!
We are looking for Cooks to work at our Crew Kitchen! The Crew Kitchen is the heart of the festival workforce. It helps energize and motivate our Crew members. Cooks are responsible for cooking and serving meals to the entire festival workforce. It is the responsibility of this position to ensure quality food service and effective distribution of meals.
Positions work various schedules between June 26 - July 28, 2023 on the festival site near Salmo, BC.
- Take directions in food preparation from the Kitchen Leader
- Ensure compliance with WorkSafe BC and IHA FoodSafe practices at all times
- Assist Kitchen Leader in delivering all meals on time
- Assure all recipes are being followed, and portion size follows SMF standards
- Ensure meals are of the highest possible quality
- Report any maintenance issues to the Kitchen Leader
- Foodsafe certification mandatory
- Experience working in a kitchen is required
- Experience cooking for crowds, up to 800 on a 24/7 schedule, an asset
- Previous festival experience an asset
- Strong listening skills and able to take directions
- Excellent communicator with strong organizational skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing
- A committed and self-motivating individual
- Superb ability to maintain a level head in stressful situations
- Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
- Comfortable working long shifts and outdoors
- Solid understanding of how a kitchen is run and the operation of various equipment
To apply, submit your resume & cover letter.
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
We thank all those who apply; however only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Crew Kitchen Cooks
Loading application form