Do you have bookeeping experience and are interested in putting your skills to work for something new? Shambhala Music Festival is looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team!
The position is full-time, year-round and will work out of our office on Baker St. in beautiful Nelson, BC as well as on the festival site outside of Salmo, BC for approx. one month from late June-July.
The Finance Assistant will oversee, receive, and sort all information in regards to monies owing to/from the festival and entering this information into Quickbooks.
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation
- Assist with various clerical duties as needed
- Help train temporary employees regarding finance procedures/processing
- Support payroll and keep organized records
- Experience working with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred)
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Above average computer skills, with experience working with databases
- Experience working in office administration or bookkeeping
- Festival/ Event experience an asset
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics an asset but not required
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
- Patient in performing repetitive tasks
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Works well independently and in a team setting
To apply, submit your resume & cover letter below!
Shambhala Music Festival is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Loading application form