Includes Outreach, Sanctuary, Safe Space, ANKORS, Options for Sexual Health, and Camp Clean Beats. Harm Reduction candidates are trained healthcare or social services professionals, with preference being given to those who have volunteered with harm reduction at other festivals and those who have knowledge of the Salmo River Ranch. Harm Reduction teams work together to provide care and resources to guests who are in need of a safe space, someone to talk to, or are seeking information. *Please note: Harm Reduction teams have a 24hr time requirement (2x12hr shifts)
• Sanctuary: Volunteers need experience in: crisis intervention, anti-oppressive practice understanding, working at a domestic violence crisis centre/shelter, working at a homeless shelter, Zendo Project training, Counsellor/Therapist, Addictions Counsellor, First Responder, Public Health, SSW, BSW, PSW, RPN/RN, as well as students in related fields.
• Outreach/Safe Space: Volunteers need to have experience in one of the following fields: crisis intervention, social service work experience, nursing or related.
• Options for Sexual Health: Volunteers must be committed to the organization as a whole. Volunteers need to apply through the official website and complete training which is offered twice per year.
• ANKORS: Recruitment is normally done internally, but if you are specifically interested in this team, please include a note on your application.
• Camp Clean Beats: Recruitment is normally done internally, but if you are specifically interested in this team, please include a note on your application.